Cell therapy for Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, stroke and hearing loss.
NTCELL® is a choroid plexus cell product with the potential to treat Parkinson's disease and other disorders, such as stroke, Huntington's disease and hearing loss, as well as wound hearing. These cells help produce cerebrospinal fluid as well as a range of neurotrophins (or nerve growth factors) that have been shown to protect against neuron (nerve) cell death in animal models of disease.
- NTCELL is in Phase I clinical trials in New Zealand for Parkinson's disease.
- NTCELL is well tolerated in pre-clinical primate studies targeting neurological disorders with no evidence of adverse side effects
- The treatment significantly diminishes the degeneration of striatal neurons in neurodegenerative conditions
- Pre-clinical results reveal that brain cell damage in primates treated with the NTCELL product was five times less than in control animals in a Huntington’s disease model
- Data from pre-clinical studies show that choroid plexus cell transplants can potentially reduce damage to the brain by 86% and dramatically improve limb use
- Early stage research indicates the product may be effective in protecting insulin secreting beta cells and preventing the onset of diabetes in a non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse model of Type 1 diabetes.
- Studies conducted with the Bionic Ear Institute demonstrate encapsulated porcine choroid plexus cells have been shown to protect nerve cells in the inner ear from degeneration