Cellular therapy for Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, stroke and hearing loss.
NTCELL is a choroid plexus cell product with the potential to treat neurodegenerative diseases. These cells help produce cerebrospinal fluid as well as a range of neurotrophins (or nerve growth factors) that have been shown to protect against neuron (nerve) cell death in animal models of disease.
- NTCELL is well tolerated in pre-clinical primate studies targeting neurological disorders with no evidence of adverse side effects
- The treatment significantly diminishes the degeneration of striatal neurons in neurodegenerative conditions
- Pre-clinical results reveal that brain cell damage in primates treated with the NTCELL product was five times less than in control animals in a Huntington’s disease model
- Data from pre-clinical studies show that choroid plexus cell transplants can potentially reduce damage to the brain by 86% and dramatically improve limb use
- Early stage research indicates the product may be effective in protecting insulin secreting beta cells and preventing the onset of diabetes in a non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse model of Type 1 diabetes.
- Studies conducted with the Bionic Ear Institute demonstrate encapsulated porcine choroid plexus cells have been shown to protect nerve cells in the inner ear from degeneration